- Information to Foreign Students on How to Regulate Their Stay in the Republic of Serbia
Registration of residence for foreigners
Serbian organizations and individuals providing accommodation to foreigners against payment, as well as locals hosting visiting foreigners, must register the foreigner’s stay with the authorities in charge in the Republic of Serbia or Autonomous Province of Vojvodina within 12 hours from the commencement of the accommodation arrangement, or the foreign visitor’s arrival.
A foreigner not using official accommodation nor staying with a private individual must register his or her stay and change of address with the authorities in charge in the Republic of Serbia or Autonomous Province of Vojvodina within 24 hours from arriving at the place of residency or the change of address.
Registering the residence of foreigners can also be done through tourist organizations.
On the territory of the City of Novi Sad, the requests for registration are submitted at the Police Department in Bulevar Kralja Petra I, no. 11.
Temporary residence permit
Foreign citizens have to submit the request for a temporary residence permit to the Police Department at the place of their residence. The request has to be submitted prior to the expiration of their visa or tourist passes, or before the expiry of three months from the date of their entering the country, unless stipulated differently in the international agreement.
The exception to this are the foreign citizens who come to Serbia for the purposes of education, training, scientific research, employment or other professional activities. They have to submit the request for Temporary residence permit within three days from entering the country.
Temporary residence for the purpose of education, studying and language learning
– Copy of passport with the stamp of entry and copy the tourist application (white card)
– Copy of the student booklet
– Certificate confirming that the foreign citizen attends the university or HEI
– Health Insurance
– Proof of the means of subsistence (a guarantee given by a Serbian citizen providing the accommodation for the foreign citizen, current account balances, credit cards, proof of bank account statement on 1500 EUR)
– Form 8 (obtained at the police station where the foreign citizen applies for residence)
– Proof of the ownership of the apartment, a copy of the ID card of the owner
– Proof of paid fees (information on the fees obtained at the police station where the foreign citizen applies for residence)